Translate

Sunday, September 28, 2014

Our 1st year wedding anniversary!

It is our 1st year wedding anniversary today and we had a celebration at Grand Hyatt Singapore yesterday!!

(~‾⌣‾)~ Super cute e-invite which I sent out to everyone. 

How time flies!

This time I really enjoyed my stay cos I don't have to worry or stress about the wedding stuff. Being in the same place just brings me back to last year where we were there for our wedding dinner. I really wished I could go back in time and redo our wedding day cos there's so many things I want to be done better.

We checked in at 3pm because we went to attend Debbie's son (Avery) 1st year birthday party at Orchard Country Club. My sister, Nat & Wany came first, while Cheryl, Pam & Vincent arrived much later after 7pm because they had something on. While waiting for the other 3, we started eating first and also played some games + watched Big Bang Theory! Le hubby brought along his external hard disk thingy thingy which he plugged into the TV so we can watch shows on it. 

The hotel gave us a bottle of red wine & a box of chocolate truffles! The chocolates were so good that I made Le hubby call them for another box! They were so nice to deliver it for me (free!) cos they sell them at the restaurant and they are not cheap. Yum yums!!

Ultra yummy chocolates! I remembered last year they also gave me a box of chocolates, cookies & a bottle of champagne but I was so stressed out to pay much attention to them and I think my mother brought them home.

When my sister arrived, she was like "Jappie! COME AND SEE!". There was a white box on the table and when I opened it, inside was the cutest cake ever!! She made me a Duffy cake! Well, the colour is not very accurate cos she put in too much brown colouring, but the shape is perfect! And it tastes so good too! Thank you meimei! 

We bought the fresh sushi ingredients from Meidi-ya Supermarket the day before, and I made the sushi rice in the morning before we left the house. I also made soba noodles! It was really fun making our own sushi.. I think I will have another DIY sushi party next time.. Maybe during my birthday or during Christmas! (Though Nat says Sushi is not very 'christmasy' but who cares! LOL!) 

❣◕ ‿ ◕❣
My sister brought along her Panda sushi maker which she bought in Japan during our trip in June a few months ago.. SO CUTE LAH!! I was squishing the rice for her while she cut and stick on the seaweed on the rice.. Panda party!

Nat says my skin looks "disgustingly flawless". Thanks Nat! Hahahha!

Le sis, Nat & Wany!

Nat & Wany went to buy 4Fingers chicken wings! Ultra yums!
(っ˘ڡ˘ς)
Nat putting up the decorations that Wany brought.
Thanks guys!

Happy Nat with his masterpiece! Haha! He actually put "birthday happy" for the one inside the room and had to redo it when my sister pointed out his mistake. So funny!! The "Happy Birthday" is actually for Le hubby! Heh heh! His birthday was on 19 September!

Must take more pictures before the sun sets!
Besties forever! 
♡(*´∀`*)人(*´∀`*)♡
Happy Wany! ヾ(@^▽^@)ノ
Wany was so amused with the panda sushi cos she loves pandas!

(っ˘з(˘⌣˘ )
♡(*´・ω・)(・ω・`*)♡
(>^_^)><(^o^<)
The two boys in matching green. Haha!

Wany wanted to take a picture to compare with last year! After our wedding dinner last year, Nat, Wany & Tim stayed back to accompany me in the room while Le hubby went to do some stuff (I forgot what it was). My sister had an exam the next day so she couldn't stay. Super sweet of the 3 of them because the dinner ended around 11++ and they stayed till almost 2am with me to chit chat and decompress my stress levels for me. Too bad Tim couldn't come because he is going on a holiday. He should be in Amsterdam by now.

The room is awesome because it has a huge living area and a separate bedroom.

We were multi-tasking! Watching Big Bang Theory ..

And playing Jenga!

Wany brought along alot of polaroid films for me to print the pictures! 
YAY WANY!  ♡^▽^♡
This is a candid shot that Pam took. My sister and I were the only ones who did not topple the Jenga tower. So I self-proclaimed myself as the Jenga Queen cos I am the most clumsy (chor-lor) out of the group and yet I have freaky steady hands (according to Nat). LOL! My other nickname is "Durian picker" cos I like to poke the block and violently push them out. Bwahahahahaha. It is very fun.. I miss this game so much. I think there's a Barbie version where it's all pink. Thank you Wany for bringing it to the party!

After Pam, Cheryl & Vincent had their dinner, it's cake cutting time! 2 cakes! My sister's Duffy cake and the chocolate cake I got from Matt's Chocolate Shop. I didn't know she's baking us a cake (Le hubby knew about it but they kept it a surprise from me), so I went to order a cake. The cake I bought has a very brownie in texture and I don't really like it cos it's too sweet. I prefer Chocolate Origin's dark chocolate cakes, which is my default go-to cakes nowadays.

Group picture time!

Picture quality between my sister's old camera & Pam's new camera. 
Tsk tsk.

Le hubby got me a wedding anniversay gift!
♡^▽^♡
Wany is super afraid of Tiffany & Co ribbons because she had a scary story about a friend who unfriended her friend which she know since her Secondary school days (many many years of friendship) because the friend untied the ribbon of the ringbox and didn't know how to tie it back and the bride freaked out and yelled at her + sacked her as maid of honor + unfriend her on the spot + uninvited her to her wedding cos she said that the friend "ruined her wedding". So from then on, Wany told me that if ever my boyfriend/husband get me anything from Tiffany & Co, she's never gonna touch it until I untie the ribbon myself cos she don't want the dramamama that her friend went through.

Well, for one I wouldn't mind if she untied the ribbon cos there's Youtube videos that teaches you how to tie the ribbons. Or I could just go back to the shop and ask the people there to tie it back for me. Haha!

Here it is! Another ichigo-heart from Le Hubby!
♥(✿ฺ´∀`✿ฺ)ノ
Everyone except Nat & Wany left before midnight. The two of them are my long standing midnight gang people. Hahahhahaha! We watched more episodes of Big Bang Theory and ordered room service for supper! Woohooo! They left around 2am cos I was really sleepy (I am old already.. cannot stay up so late anymore.. boohoo!), and Le hubby was also yawning non-stop. Hahahahaha!

The beef rendang is max awesome! But the chicken porridge is overpriced.

Le hubby and I slept around 2.30am and woke up at 8.30am for the buffet breakfast. The food was alright.. not much selection and there's no bacon (sad) cos it's a halal restaurant. The only awesome part of the buffet was the free flow Yakult! I drank 6 bottles and tabao 4 bottles! Yay! So happy! I love Yakult and I can drink 12 bottles a day without going to the toilet (intestines of steel, I have).

I had a long relaxing bubble bath in the huge bathtub before having an afternoon nap. We check out at 3pm (late checkout!!) and headed back home to unpack. I had another nap at home before dinner (I am turning into a pig!) and here I am blogging before I become too lazy again.. Heh heh! My sister will have no reason to nag at me! Bwahahahahahahha!

Wany got us an Anniversay card! Thank you!! ヽ(^。^)丿

I printed out some of the polaroid pictues and put them in my new polaroid album which I bought online. I love it cos it's big and can fit 8 pieces in a single page instead of 2 pieces like the usual albums. Some of the pictures had Line stickers on them because we were decorating them to print out on my Instax printer which Le hubby gave me as my early birthday present... super good idea that Wany suggested cos the Instax app doesn't have such cute stickers. Haha!

The pictures' quality looks different because the photos were taken with 3 different cameras & 2 camera phones. I just compiled some of the best ones I like and post it up cos we took soooo many pictures!! Hahahahaha!

HAPPY 1ST WEDDING ANNIVERSARY LAOGONG!
ヽ(愛´∀`愛)ノ

1 comment:

poshwishuk said...


just dropped in to state May god give you more lovely minutes in life... Niceblog..Barbeque country is awsome .1st wedding aninersary

; //]]>